Head of Product Management, Mass Cytometry
- Req No.
- Job Locations
More information about this job
Would you like to join an innovative team creating technology to power groundbreaking insights in academic, clinical, pharma and biotech research?
Our life science analytical and preparatory systems in mass cytometry and genomics can be found in leading academic institutions, clinical research laboratories, and pharmaceutical, biotech and ag-bio companies worldwide. Our mission is bold and ambitious, powering advancements in human health research that can change lives.
Fluidigm is looking for a hands-on, experienced Head of Product Management for Fluidigm’s Mass Cytometry business.
The Head of Product Management will be able to develop and execute a successful commercial growth strategy for Fluidigm’s Mass Cytometry business as well as develop and execute on key partnership strategies that will expand market presence and franchise value.
With the emergence of immunotherapy, Fluidigm holds the potential, through the use of its technologies, to help researchers transform the manner in which cancer is treated and ultimately cured. Key to this goal is driving towards end-end-to-end workflows for the democratization of Fluidigm technology across the translational research market.
Commercial operations at Fluidigm are structured by product and market segments. The Mass Cytometry business is based in Markham.
The Head of Product Management will report to the Senior Vice President of Marketing at Fluidigm.
The Mass Cytometry business is driven by two platforms, Helios (suspension/whole blood samples) & Hyperion (tissue ablation module), each of which are managed by a Program Manager.
The Head of Product Management for Mass Cytometry will build and deliver a strategic roadmap to democratize the Fluidigm platforms across the translational research market. Critical to this will be the positioning of the Fluidigm products as end-to-end solutions with the laboratory market for translational research.
- Have full life cycle product management responsibilities across the instruments, software, data analytics, and consumables program.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive commercialization plan for new and existing products across the Mass Cytometry franchise.
- Establish credibility within the commercial and R&D teams as well as among the leadership team.
- Set and deliver on product revenue goals through corresponding strategic and tactical plans.
- Closely interface with commercial sales leadership to ensure alignment on market segmentation, product positioning, and commercial growth initiatives.
- Collaborate closely with team members to drive successful product development activities.
- Interface and work well with Fluidigm’s Research & Development leadership, communicating end-to-end needs and complete solutions from customers back to R&D and ensuring alignment on strategic and commercial strategies.
- Lead collaborations with senior leaders in clinical research and translational medicine to gain 3rd party testimonials and KOL endorsements.
- Work closely with customer base to solicit feedback on products; gather requirements for new features or products leveraging industry conferences, and advisory boards.
- Monitor competitive landscape, anticipate competitive response to changing market dynamics, and proactively develop program strategies to combat activity with sample data sets and peer-reviewed comparative studies.
- Cross-interface with marketing, product management Leads, and commercial sales leadership to drive the creation of high value sales support tools.
- Focus on understanding existing business models (Flow Core) and providing guidance on high impact data sets, all-in cost assessments that align to product value differentiators.
- With team, provide ongoing support for product portfolio including monitoring of customer satisfaction, new customer needs and sales support materials; work closely and collaboratively with R&D to resolve product and user questions/issues.
- As the senior business manager for the program, have the confidence and credibility to speak at customer, sales, and industry conferences, and be able to clearly communicate the value of the product portfolio.
- Advanced educational background or degrees (MS, MBA, etc.)
- Specific product knowledge and experience within Flow Cytometry, IHC, Cell Biology, Immunology, Molecular Biology
- Strong commercial instincts and disciplines demonstrated through successful marketing initiatives with measurable impact.
- Knowledge of relevant market segment workflows, data analytics and software imaging tools.
- Demonstrated ability to discuss new product concepts and industry trends with key opinion leaders and high-level contacts.
Sounds good? Apply online with your resume!