- Req No.
- Job Locations
More information about this job
Would you like to join an innovative team creating technology to power groundbreaking insights in academic, clinical, pharma and biotech research?
Our life science analytical and preparatory systems in mass cytometry and genomics can be found in leading academic institutions, clinical research laboratories, and pharmaceutical, biotech and ag-bio companies worldwide. Our mission is bold and ambitious, powering advancements in human health research that can change lives.
Fluidigm is looking for a Senior Buyer for our South San Francisco location.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Secure quotes, negotiate pricing, terms and conditions and makes recommendations for awarding purchase orders.
- Review purchase requisitions and supporting documents and ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Prepare purchase orders from purchase requisitions to procure parts, components, reagents, chemicals, lab supplies, instruments, services, etc. on a timely and accurate basis. Ensure requestors are constantly informed on progress of orders.
- Work with the suppliers and internal customers to ensure on-time delivery.
- Develop creative ideas, strategies, and programs to drive down the cost of direct and indirect materials and services on a continuing basis.
- Develop supplier agreements and similar arrangements in order to establish a robust supplier relationship and to guarantee the best pricing.
- Work in a cross-functional team environment to achieve the best cost for the products without compromising performance, quality or reliability.
- Actively manage supplier relationships to ensure effective communication and collaboration, identify win-win solutions and strategies, negotiate purchasing terms, and address supplier issues with material quality or availability.
- Identify, prioritize and drive the development of additional suppliers to eliminate sole-sourcing of critical materials.
- Support Quality Assurance with ISO 13485 audits; ensuring accuracy, clarity and utility of audit findings.
- Drive continuous improvements in the procurement flow, streamline work processes and work cooperatively with others to provide quality internal customer service.
- Ensure that all procurement SOP’s are up to current practice and notify QA when new procedures are implemented.
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- BA or BS Degree with 6+ years of experience in Life Science, Medical Devices or Biotech industries. (preferred)
- Strong negotiation skills and vendor management skills are required
- Strong commitment to accuracy and attention to detail, ability to work independently.
- Strong technical knowledge to effectively perform required job functions.
- Understand the taxation of products and services.
- Computer transaction skills related to purchasing, shipping, inventory activities on tools such as Microsoft Office software, MS Dynamics AX, and other ERP business applications.
- Must be able to: multi-task, be flexible, work in a close-knit team-oriented atmosphere, and have the ability to interact professionally with internal and external customers.
- Experience with project management is required.
- Support you in your ongoing development and contribution both as an employee and a person.
- Value your contribution and enlist your feedback.
- Host excellent company-wide events multiple times a year.
- Offer onsite yoga classes, massages, randomly free and good food, friendly greetings, gym equipment and, seriously, a lot more.
Sounds good? Apply online with your resume!
Fluidigm is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, or national origin.