- Req No.
- Job Locations
More information about this job
Would you like to join an innovative team creating technology to power groundbreaking insights in academic, clinical, pharma and biotech research?
Our life science analytical and preparatory systems in mass cytometry and genomics can be found in leading academic institutions, clinical research laboratories, and pharmaceutical, biotech and ag-bio companies worldwide. Our mission is bold and ambitious, powering advancements in human health research that can change lives.
As a member of a multi-disciplinary team, the Production Technician participates in assembly and testing of the CyTOF®, which is a novel analytical instrument for simultaneous detection of multiple proteins in single biological cells, and other related instruments.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Perform complete hands-on assembly of electric and mechanical modules, integration, operation and testing of complicated analytical production instruments
- Demonstrate thoroughness, attention to detail and meticulousness of assembly and testing are critical
- Strictly follow the protocols and standard operating procedures
- Write test reports and other documentation (including revised and new SOPs)
- Participate in improvement and preparation of documentation
- Train junior production personnel
- Servicing and refurbishing of returned instruments
- Work in collaboration and support other departments, such as R&D projects
- Work on ad hoc projects as they arise
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Technical diploma (electrical or mechanical) combined with relevant work experience
- 2-5 years of experience in hands-on assembly of complicated electrical, mechanical and optical assemblies - including cables, electrical power distribution modules, vacuum systems, delicate ion-optical modules, precision piezo ceramic/stepper motors and Laser.
- Exceptional troubleshooting skill with electrical, mechanical, and optical components
- Knowledgeable and proficient in lead-free soldering
- Manual dexterity and ability to handle small delicate assemblies
- Sound analytical skills
- Ability to comprehend and follow complicated electrical, mechanical drawings and performs measurement and verification of parts compliance to drawings.
- Ability to solve complicated instrument malfunction problems independently and with minimum supervision
- Familiarity with document management system
- Team player, positive attitude, and punctual
- Strong learning and communication skills
- Open to new ideas and concepts
- Proficient with Excel and other applications for data analysis
- Technical report writing skills
- Ability to teach junior staff and to transfer experience through informal presentations and on-the-job training
- Occasional heavy lifting of up to 50lb
Sounds good? Apply online with your resume!
The Company is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require an accommodation during this process, please inform The Company of your requirements. We are an equal opportunity employer.