Director Product Management
- Req No.
- Job Locations
- US-South San Francisco
More information about this job
Would you like to join an innovative team creating technology to power groundbreaking insights in academic, clinical, pharma and biotech research?
Our life science analytical and preparatory systems in mass cytometry and genomics can be found in leading academic institutions, clinical research laboratories, pharmaceutical, and biotech companies worldwide. Our mission is bold and ambitious, powering advancements in human health research that can change lives.
Fluidigm is now looking for a Director, Product Management to manage our microfluidics-based instrument platforms.
This individual will manage on-market products as well as lead new platform development programs from inception to commercialization and beyond. The successful candidate will work closely with all functional groups within our business to ensure we meet and exceed our technical, marketing, commercial and financial expectations.
- Passionate about creating cutting edge scientific solutions
- Inspired by the opportunity to improve health care decision making through the development of new life science research tools in areas like Oncology, Immuno-Oncology, and Immunology
- Motivated to define, design, and commercialize customer solutions that integrate platforms, consumables, assays and software
- Understand the dynamics, demands and opportunities within our target markets and translate these understandings into a pipeline of R&D and marketing activity.
- Partner with R&D, Sales, Corporate Marketing and senior management to develop and implement global product strategies
- Manage product lifecycle from requirements gathering through development, commercialization, product iterations and obsolescence
- Lead cross-functional teams to develop, commercialize, and market both new and existing instrument platforms
- Develop go to market strategies and marketing plans that address product messaging, competitive positioning, pricing and promotion
- Identify and define opportunities for partnerships to complete workflow offerings
- Build close relationships with KOLs to test and promote new products, for collaborative opportunities, and to achieve market goals of awareness and emerging trends
- Engage, motivate and inspire our global commercial teams to promote and sell our products
- Support commercial teams with information about the segment and product positioning
- Monitor and report on emerging trends in the market and keep abreast of current research
- Travel up to 25% internationally
- Bachelor's degree in science related field with at least Ten (10) years of relevant experience with genomics platforms in relevant fields including product management, marketing, sales, business development, corporate strategy, product development, and/or field support.
- Successfully lead cross-functional teams to commercialize new genomics products through the entire development cycle in an ISO13485-compliant environment (or similar).
- Ability to influence across the organization at all levels
- At least 3 years hands-on experience with PCR- and next-generation sequencing (NGS) based instruments, software and applications
- At least 3 years of hands on experience with a genomic instrument platform
- At least 5 years of experience in Product Management managing instrument platforms in the genomics tools space with a track record of success in meeting revenue expectations.
- Previous experience with protein expression platforms or applications is highly desirable
- PhD or MBA is very desirable but not required
- Strong organizational, time management, problem solving, and communication skills
- Passionate about developing innovative strategies to grow product revenue in new and existing markets
- Motivated to beat the competition
- Inspired by the opportunity to improve human health using microfluidics-based tools that improve the efficiency of genetic analysis and provide novel research insights
- Support you in your ongoing development and contribution both as an employee and a person
- Value your contribution and enlist your feedback
- Host excellent company-wide events multiple times a year
- Make sure you have fun, are fully engaged and promise to have a life beyond “work”
Fluidigm is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, or national origin.