Financial Systems & Reporting Manager
- Req No.
- Job Locations
- US-South San Francisco
More information about this job
Would you like to join an innovative team creating technology to power groundbreaking insights in academic, clinical, pharma and biotech research?
It is an extraordinary time for Fluidigm. Our technology is empowering customers to improve life through comprehensive health insight. We invite you to join a leading provider of indispensable life sciences tools that is accelerating global research on multiple frontiers of human health.
At Fluidigm we are also building a positive culture where our people can do the best work of their careers, informed and influenced by our core values:
- Create what customers need next.
- Drive to make a difference.
- Collaborate and learn.
- Step up.
Fluidigm is looking for a Financial Systems and Reporting Manager to join our finance team based in South San Francisco. The incumbent will be responsible for developing and executing our financial systems digitalization strategy. We currently use Microsoft Dynamics AX R2012, Expandable and Visual Manufacturing ERP platforms and have licenses for AcceLIM (vendor invoice management), Concur, Blackline, Adaptive Insights, Microsoft Power BI and Fastpath Assure. We work hard as a team and have the multiple systems at our disposal, we need to develop and use these to enable us to work smarter to bring additional value to the business.
- Work with finance software vendors and the local finance teams to drive improvements in user and customer experiences:
- AcceLIM (vendor invoice management) –> find ways to report data to highlight areas in the ‘procure to pay’ business cycle that need improving.
- Concur -> drive reporting capabilities to improve insight into travel expenditures.
- Blackline -> work with the team to make better use of system, we currently use it as a repository for excel Balance Sheet account reconciliation.
- Finance owner of Adaptive Insights reporting and forecasting application, develop the tool for more robust forecasting and reporting ensuring it is ready for each planning/forecast cycle.
- Identify best practices for the implementation of Microsoft Power BI.
- Work with our IT team to develop Fastpath to track changes in key metadata fields.
- Identify best practices for Microsoft Dynamics AX workflows and reporting.
- Work with the finance leadership team to create a digitalization strategy that will enable us to report and analyze financial and non-financial data and improve visibility
across our business operations (e.g. automate KPI dashboards).
- Metadata hygienist, review the quality of the metadata that we use, ensure consistency of master data set-up to maximize our multidimensional reporting possibilities.
- Support our global process owners to maximize their use of our systems to drive continuous improvements and innovations in their business cycles.
- Provide support for our finance teams in the US, Europe (Paris), Canada (Toronto) and Singapore.
- Perform other duties and participates in projects as requested by management and identifies areas of potential risk and communicates these to management.
- Accounting, Computer Science, Business Information Systems or a related degree
- Minimum of 8+ years relevant experience
- Microsoft Dynamics AX experience is preferred
- CPA or equivalent overseas accounting qualification is preferred
- Experience of Atlas Reporting, Concur, BlackLine account reconciliations and Adaptive is a plus
- Proficient with Microsoft products, advanced excel skills
- Experience working for a multi-national company with overseas subsidiaries is a must and working with a shared service center is a plus
- Highly self-motivated and enjoy working as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and research skills required
- The ability to communicate complex issues clearly and concisely to obtain management buy-in
- Highly detail-oriented with excellent time management, prioritization and organizational skills
- The ability and willingness to roll up your sleeves to support the team as and when required
- Provide a highly competitive compensation package, including great benefits and career growth opportunities, as well as a dynamic and rewarding company culture
- Support you in your ongoing development and contribution both as an employee and a person
- Value your contribution and enlist your feedback
- Host excellent company-wide events multiple times a year
- Free access to a full state of the art gym, commuter options
- Make sure you have fun, are fully engaged and promise to have a life beyond “work”
Fluidigm is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, or national origin.