Financial Systems & Reporting Manager
- Req No.
- Job Locations
- US-South San Francisco
More information about this job
Would you like to join an innovative team creating technology to power groundbreaking insights in academic, clinical, pharma and biotech research?
It is an extraordinary time for Fluidigm. Our technology is empowering customers to improve life through comprehensive health insight. We invite you to join a leading provider of indispensable life sciences tools that is accelerating global research on multiple frontiers of human health.
At Fluidigm we are also building a positive culture where our people can do the best work of their careers, informed and influenced by our core values:
- Create what customers need next.
- Drive to make a difference.
- Collaborate and learn.
- Step up.
Fluidigm is looking for a ‘Financial Systems and Reporting Manager’ to join our Finance & Accounting team based in South San Francisco. The incumbent will be responsible for helping us with financial systems development, implementation and upgrades and derive and execute a reporting improvement strategy. We currently use Microsoft Dynamics AX R2012, Expandable and Visual Manufacturing ERP platforms and have licenses for Blackline, Adaptive Insights, Microsoft Power BI and Fastpath Assure. We work hard as a team and have the multiple systems at our disposal, we need to develop and use these to enable us to work smarter to bring additional value to the business.
- Identify best practices for Microsoft Dynamics AX work flow and reporting to improve efficiency and comply with company accounting policies
- Responsible for our monthly system consolidation and production of our summary financial results
- Create a reporting strategy that will enable the team to report and analyze financial and non-financial data and improve visibility across our business operations (e.g. automate KPI dashboards)
- Blackline, work with our shared service center (Singapore) to develop and drive efficiencies
- Finance owner of Adaptive Insights reporting and forecasting application, develop the tool for more robust forecasting and reporting ensuring it's ready for each planning/forecast cycle
- Identify best practices for how we implement and use Microsoft Power BI within the finance team
- Metadata hygienist, review the quality of the metadata that we use, ensure consistency of master data set-up to maximize our multidimensional reporting possibilities
- Corporate Intranet site, develop and implement reporting portal to communicate key metrics top senior management
- Support our global process owners to maximize their use of our systems to drive continuous improvements and innovations in their business cycles
- Provide support for our finance teams in the US, Europe (Paris), Canada (Toronto) and Singapore
- Assist with internal and external audit requests
- Co-ordinate with global accounting to implement process changes and improvements and standardize use of our business requirement documentation and review process
- Perform other duties and participates in projects as requested by management and identifies areas of potential risk and communicates these to management
- Accounting, Computer Science, Business Information Systems or a related degree
- Minimum of 8+ years relevant experience
- Microsoft Dynamics AX experience is preferred
- CPA or equivalent overseas accounting qualification is preferred
- Experience of Atlas Reporting, BlackLine account reconciliations and Adaptive Insights is a plus
- Proficient with Microsoft products, advanced excel skills
- Experience working for a multi-national company with overseas subsidiaries is a must and working with a shared service center is a plus
- Highly self-motivated and enjoy working as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and research skills required
- The ability to communicate complex issues clearly and concisely to obtain management buy-in
- Highly detail-oriented with excellent time management, prioritization and organizational skills
- This is a hands-on , roll up your sleeves position
- Provide a highly competitive compensation package, including great benefits and career growth opportunities, as well as a dynamic and rewarding company culture
- Support you in your ongoing development and contribution both as an employee and a person
- Value your contribution and enlist your feedback
- Host excellent company-wide events multiple times a year
- Make sure you have fun, are fully engaged and promise to have a life beyond “work”
Fluidigm is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, or national origin.