Technical Support Specialist, France (based in UK)
- Req No.
- Job Locations
- Technical Support
More information about this job
Would you like to join an innovative team creating technology to power groundbreaking insights in academic, clinical, pharma and biotech research?
It is an extraordinary time for Fluidigm. Our technology is empowering customers to improve life through comprehensive health insight. We invite you to join a leading provider of indispensable life sciences tools that is accelerating global research on multiple frontiers of human health.
At Fluidigm we are also building a positive culture where our people can do the best work of their careers, informed and influenced by our core values:
- Create what customers need next.
- Drive to make a difference.
- Collaborate and learn.
- Step up.
Fluidigm is looking for a Technical Support Specialist. We have an excellent opportunity for a French speaking Technical Support Specialist (TSS) to serve as the primary customer contact on application related issues in the EMEA region. Based in our UK office, the TSS is primarily responsible for providing technical support and guidance to customers and distributors on the operation and maintenance of Fluidigm’s product lines and will work closely with the Field Application Specialists (FAS) to provide top quality technical support and ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.
The TSS will build strong applied knowledge of our product lines and applications. The position requires significant direct interaction with our existing customer base, and will be office based in Cambourne, UK. Some European travel may be required for product training and for complex cases and to attend key seminars and conferences.
- Answer, evaluate and prioritize phone and email requests for assistance from customers, distributors and colleagues.
- Take full ownership of assigned cases, guiding them through troubleshooting or escalation to final Resolution.
- Track customer complaints, identifying trends and conducting failure investigation with cross-functional teams, all the while meticulously following SOP to ensure that every customer interaction gets logged into the call tracking database.
- Participate in application design, data analysis, and contribute to the creation and review
of technical and/or application materials (user manuals, application notes, white papers,
training documents and presentations).
- Partnering with FAS team to support customer collaborations which specifically address
commercial opportunity, application expansion, or growth.
- Report activities and trends back to commercial management through written reports and
regular telephone conversations.
- A BS degree with 3 years of relevant lab experience in molecular biology, biochemistry,immunology, cancer research and/or stem cell biology or an allied discipline and ideally at least a year of customer or technical support experience.
- Fluent French and English.
- PhD preferred – not required - takes the place of 2 years of relevant lab experience.
- Proven experience in at least one of the following applications: NGS library preparation, gene expression, genotyping, flow and/or mass cytometry, immunoassay and tissue staining techniques, combined with experience in customer support (preferably in the life sciences).
- Also, outstanding troubleshooting and problem-solving skills combined with a genuine desire to see the customer succeed.
- Strong customer service orientation and willingness to prioritize customer needs.
- Experience following and/or developing Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
- Superb follow-through skills and relationship management.
- Previous customer or technical support experience.
- Ideally you will have the ability to organise and present data to large groups in person andthrough technical webinars.
- Ability to interact with our customers on a level that inspires confidence.
Ready to join an industry leader with a bold and ambitious mission that is enabling advancements in human health? Apply online with your resume!
Fluidigm is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.