Warehouse Material Handler Specialist
- Req No.
- Job Locations
More information about this job
It is an extraordinary time for Fluidigm. Our technology is empowering customers to improve life through comprehensive health insight. We invite you to join a leading provider of indispensable life sciences tools that is accelerating global research on multiple frontiers of human health.
At Fluidigm we are also building a positive culture where our people can do the best work of their careers, informed and influenced by our core values:
- Create what customers need next.
- Drive to make a difference.
- Collaborate and learn.
- Step up.
Fluidigm is looking for a to manage the materials enclosed area. The responsibilities are receiving, inventory management, kitting and general related warehouse duties. Responsibilities also include accurately and efficiently performing daily functions needed for order outflow and inflow within the warehouse. The successful candidate will be highly reliable, detail oriented, organized, with the professionalism to work in a warehouse and office environment. He or she is expected to work both independently and in conjunction with co-workers. A team player is essential as this position will work with other warehouse personnel in a dynamic environment and can connect with interdisciplinary groups within the organization.
- Stock and transfer finished goods between manufacturing and supply chain (physically and in ERP)
- Maintains warehouse/storage area in a clean and orderly condition
- Provide leadership to team members
- Makes recommendations to improve warehouse layout, workflow, operating costs
- Receiving of raw materials and transact into ERP. Stock all raw materials in the right location within the warehouse and maintain the accurate inventory count.
- Responsible for Kitting operation, kit raw materials as per BOM to support production schedule.
- Issuing raw materials to all internal requirement base on request.
- Reviewing existing ERP data, comparing information for data accuracy
- Performing inventory (ERP) transactions
- Perform cycle counts of WIP and finished goods
- Troubleshoot discrepancies take corrective action
- Maintain and organize the work area to keep a clean, orderly and safe work environment
- Bachelors Degree is required in Business Administration, Supply Chain, or a related field, or equivalent combination of experience and education is preferred. Good English skill is required in both reading and writing, no issue to follow verbal instructions.
- A 8+ years of progressive supervisory experience is required in a materials distribution or warehouse environment.
- 'Big Box' experience managing in a distribution center with high-volume, fast pace.
- Familiar with materials kitting process for low volume and high mix manufacturing environment.
- Attention to details is a must to perform the work accurately.
- Must be computer literate be able to utilize Microsoft Outlook or other email system. Must have exposure to a WMS (Warehouse Management System). ERP experience is required.
- Ability to perform but not limited to interpreting packing slips, enter in ERP, and acknowledge proper receipt of the goods
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good skills of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) is required.
- Must be able to lift, carry, pull, and push up to approximately 50 pounds
- Ability to sit, stand, move around the facility
- Work performed in a combination of shipping, warehouse, manufacturing and office environments
- Ability to quickly familiarize with products and part numbers
Ready to join an industry leader with a bold and ambitious mission that is enabling advancements in human health? Apply online with your resume!
The Company is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require an accommodation during this process, please inform The Company of your requirements. We are an equal opportunity employer.