Sr. Product Manager, Upstream Genomics & Proteomics Workflows
- Req No.
- Job Locations
- US-South San Francisco
More information about this job
Would you like to join an innovative team creating technology to power groundbreaking insights in academic, clinical, pharma and biotech research?
It is an extraordinary time for Fluidigm. Our technology is empowering customers to improve life through comprehensive health insight. We invite you to join a leading provider of indispensable life sciences tools that is accelerating global research on multiple frontiers of human health.
At Fluidigm we are also building a positive culture where our people can do the best work of their careers, informed and influenced by our core values:
- Create what customers need next.
- Drive to make a difference.
- Collaborate and learn.
- Step up.
Fluidigm is looking for a motivated Product Manager to lead and manage our AccuLift instrument, consumables and related development programs from inception to commercialization and beyond. The successful candidate will work closely with all functional groups within our business to ensure we meet and exceed our technical, marketing, commercial and financial expectations and maintain our position as the world leader in understanding the biological truth.
- Intrigued by the idea of strengthening our reputation as the world leader in Genomics and Proteomics workflows
- Passionate about creating cutting edge scientific solutions
- Inspired by an opportunity to lead a revolution in biological science
- Excited by the opportunity to work alongside the best talent in the industry
- Understand the market dynamics, demands and opportunities within our proteomics space and translate these understandings into a pipeline of R&D and marketing activity.
- Identify opportunities to exploit differentiated competitive value for our customers and translate these requirements into unique solutions for our customers
- Generate business and marketing plans that include key product messaging, positioning and pricing that will guide the evolution of our business for the next 5 years
- Collaborate closely with all functional departments within our business to ensure they are represented in our product development program and ensure their specific requirements are embedded within our design planning
- Be capable of engaging, motivating and inspiring our global commercial channel to promote and sell our products.
- Enjoy a highly competitive compensation package, including better-than-average benefits and growth opportunities, as well as a dynamic and rewarding company culture
- Have fun, be fully engaged and promise to have a life beyond “work”
- Five years’ experience within proteomics and/or genomics technology organizations preferably within sales, marketing or applications.
- Three years’ experience in the Product Management of an analytical platform
- The proven ability to inspire and motivate a global commercial channel through personal one on one interactions and through global marketing initiatives
- A proven ability to work across functional boundaries and align multi-functional groups towards a common cause
- The proven ability to product manage significant instrument and consumables development projects through the entire development funnel
- Ability navigate organizational complexities and processes to make timely, effective and risk calculated decisions to bring new concepts to market as quick as possible
- Bachelor's degree in science related field with 8 years of relevant experience in marketing, sales, product development, and/or field support of proteomics instrumentation or equivalent combination of education and experience; Desirable: MBA or advanced science degree
- Strong presentation, organizational and communication skills
- Support you in your ongoing development and contribution both as an employee and a person
- Value your contribution and enlist your feedback
Fluidigm is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, or national origin.