- Req No.
- Job Locations
- US-South San Francisco
- Research & Development
More information about this job
Would you like to join an innovative team creating technology to power groundbreaking insights in academic, clinical, pharma and biotech research?
It is an extraordinary time for Fluidigm. Our technology is empowering customers to improve life through comprehensive health insight. We invite you to join a leading provider of indispensable life sciences tools that is accelerating global research on multiple frontiers of human health.
At Fluidigm we are also building a positive culture where our people can do the best work of their careers, informed and influenced by our core values:
• Create what customers need next.
• Drive to make a difference.
• Collaborate and learn.
• Step up.
Fluidigm is looking for a Research Associate to join our Group. The successful candidate will characterize antibodies for use on Fluidigm’s new Imaging Mass Cytometry platform.
• Perform antibody-metal tag conjugations for a multitude of antibody/tag combination for use in multiplex assays
• Perform verification studies on new metal-conjugated antibody products for use with our Mass Cytometry and Imaging Mass Cytometry (IMC) technology
• Perform tissue sectioning on FFPE blocks
• Perform immunostaining on FFPE and frozen tissue sections
• Image stained tissues using IMC laser ablation
• Maintain records and laboratory environment to comply with regulatory requirements, good laboratory practices, and standard operating procedures
• Maintain laboratory equipment as needed
• Minimum of 1-3 years of laboratory experience in the Biotech industry required
• Previous work experience with microtome and performing immunostaining of FFPE and frozen tissue sections required
• Prior experience with immunofluorescence, immunohistochemistry and/or Mass Cytometry a plus
• Working knowledge of MS Office, Excel, Powerpoint
• Ability to pick up new technologies quickly and ultimately troubleshoot independently
• Ability to multitask in a fast-paced, teamwork-oriented environment
Ready to join an industry leader with a bold and ambitious mission that is enabling advancements in human health? Apply online with your resume!
Fluidigm is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.