Advanta Dx SARS-CoV-2 RT-PCR Assay
Fluidigm has developed a diagnostic molecular test for the qualitative detection of SARS-CoV-2 in saliva specimens for use under FDA Emergency Use Authorization (EUA).
The Advanta™ Dx SARS-CoV-2 RT-PCR Assay is a qPCR-based test that, by taking advantage of Fluidigm proprietary microfluidics technology and Juno™ and Biomark™ HD systems, enables high throughput and scalable testing of saliva samples from patients suspected of COVID-19 (coronavirus) infection. Featuring extraction-free sample processing, a modular workflow and large batch-sample size, the Advanta Dx SARS-CoV-2 RT-PCR Assay could enhance laboratory testing capacity while providing reliable results to support clinical decision making.Detecting the new strain of Coronavirus
The Advanta Dx SARS-CoV-2 RT-PCR Assay design supports, based on an in silico analysis, detection of a new strain of Coronavirus (identified as SARS-CoV-2 VUI 202012/01, and B.1.1.7) since none of the 17 genetic variants in the new strain are in regions of the viral genome targeted by the assay’s primers and probes.Test Platform Highlights
- Extraction free: No need for viral RNA extraction kit
- High throughput: 192 samples and controls per batch in less than 3 hours of instrument time
- Scalable: Modular platform supports concurrent parallel runs to achieve up to 6,000* samples and controls per day per instrument.
- Noninvasive: Saliva collection is convenient, stress-free and pain-free.
- Instructions for Use
- Fact Sheet for Patients
- Fact Sheet for Healthcare Providers
- Advanta Dx SARS-CoV-2 EUA Interpretive Software Quick Reference Guide
- Download Advanta Dx SARS-CoV-2 EUA Interpretive Software
- Instrument and Software Information
- Quick Reference, Updating the Biomark Software
- Download Biomark software
- Download IFC Controller software
The Advanta Dx SARS-CoV-2 RT-PCR Assay is a real-time reverse transcription (RT)PCR test intended for the qualitative detection of nucleic acid from the SARS-CoV-2 in saliva specimens collected without preservatives in a sterile container from individuals suspected of COVID-19 by their health care provider. Testing is limited to laboratories which are certified under the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments of 1988 (CLIA), 42 U.S.C. §263a, and meet requirements to perform high complexity tests.
Results are for the identification of SARS-CoV-2 RNA. The SARS-CoV-2 RNA is generally detectable in saliva specimens during the acute phase of infection. Positive results are indicative of the presence of SARS-CoV-2 RNA; clinical correlation with patient history and other diagnostic information is necessary to determine patient infection status. Positive results do not rule out bacterial infection or co-infection with other viruses. The agent detected may not be the definite cause of disease. Laboratories within the United States and its territories are required to report all results to the appropriate public health authorities.
Negative results do not preclude SARS-CoV-2 infection and should not be used as the sole basis for patient management decisions. Negative results must be combined with clinical observations, patient history, and epidemiological information. Negative results for SARSCoV-2 RNA from saliva should be confirmed by testing of an alternative specimen type if clinically indicated.
The Advanta Dx SARS-CoV-2 RT-PCR Assay is intended for use by qualified and trained clinical laboratory personnel specifically instructed and trained in the techniques of real-time PCR and in vitro diagnostic procedures. The Advanta Dx SARS-CoV-2 RT-PCR Assay is only for use under the Food and Drug Administration’s Emergency Use Authorization.
*Actual results may vary based upon the following factors, including but not limited to, laboratory processes, workflows, equipment and the number of operators.
“There’s an urgent need to simplify testing for COVID-19 so that people who are infected can be easily and quickly identified. The test we developed in collaboration with Fluidigm doesn’t require RNA extraction, a time-consuming and expensive step necessary to other tests for SARS-CoV-2. Our test could be easily scaled up and made widely available.”
Director of the Genome Technology Access Center at the McDonnell Genome Institute
For In Vitro Diagnostic Use. For Use Under Emergency Use Authorization Only. Rx Only.
- This test has not been FDA cleared or approved;
- This test has been authorized by FDA under an EUA for use by authorized laboratories;
- This test has been authorized only for the detection of nucleic acid from SARS-CoV-2, not for any other viruses or pathogens; and
- This test is only authorized for the duration of the declaration that circumstances exist justifying the authorization of emergency use of in vitro diagnostics for detection and/or diagnosis of COVID-19 under Section 564(b)(1) of the Act, 21 U.S.C. § 360bbb-3(b)(1), unless the authorization is terminated or revoked sooner.
Trademarks: Fluidigm, the Fluidigm logo, Advanta, Biomark and Juno are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Fluidigm Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the sole property of their respective owners. ©2020 Fluidigm Corporation. All rights reserved. 11/2020