In a short period of time, a novel coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) has impacted our lives, society and health care infrastructure. To address critical needs for testing and clinical research, Fluidigm products are supporting global laboratory efforts in response to COVID-19 by delivering:
- Versatile automated microfluidic systems that support multiple biomarker types (DNA, RNA and protein)
- Scalable throughput that enables the testing of >6,000 samples per day, with multiple targets of interest per sample
- Flexible panel designs that enable users to easily add, remove or change assays without changing technologies
- Cost-efficient workflows that minimize reagent consumption using microfluidics technology
With Fluidigm multi-omic solutions, you can interrogate health and disease in comprehensive new ways. Whether you are seeking to gain new insights into coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) viral detection or infectious disease research, or to accelerate therapeutic development, we can help you reach your goal.
Bill Hunt, MS
Director, Microfluidics Product Management
Efficient—Maximize your budget with microfluidics technology by using up to 50 times less reagent than traditional PCR methods.
Scalable—Run nearly 6,000 samples in a 24-hour workflow on each Biomark™ HD and Juno™ system.
Flexible—Detect up to 24 unique pathogens per sample, such as SARS-CoV-2, influenza A and other respiratory disease pathogens.
Questions about Fluidigm microfluidics technologies and how you can utilize them in the most effective manner to address viral detection and infectious disease research? Review the FAQs flyer.
- Publication: Down-regulated gene expression spectrum and immune responses changed during the disease progression in COVID-19 patients | Ouyang, Y. Yin, J., Wang, W. et al. Clinical Infectious Disease (2020): ciaa462
In this article, the authors describe the use of Biomark HD™ in a study focusing on severe COVID-19 infections. The study found decreased T cell populations along with down-regulated gene expression related to T cell activation and differentiation, “which may help to provide effective treatment strategies for COVID-19.”
Review the latest press releases about viral detection and infectious disease research by Fluidigm and our customers and partners below:
- OU Medicine, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center and Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation File for FDA Emergency Use Authorization for COVID-19 Detection Test Utilizing Fluidigm Technology
- Consortium of Medical Schools Led by Mount Sinai Fast-Tracking COVID-19 Detection Test Utilizing Fluidigm Microfluidics Technology