In a short period of time, a novel coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) has impacted our lives, society and health care infrastructure. To address critical needs for clinical research and public health surveillance, Fluidigm products are supporting global laboratory efforts by delivering:
- Cost-efficient workflows that minimize reagent consumption using microfluidics technology
- Scalable throughput that enables the testing of >6,000 samples per day
- Flexible panel designs that enable users to easily add, remove or change assays without changing technologies
Labs around the world have leveraged the benefits of Fluidigm microfluidics for research and implemented high-throughput lab developed tests (LDT) for SARS-CoV-2 detection.
Whether you are seeking to gain new insights into infectious disease research or public health surveillance or to accelerate therapeutic development, we can help you reach your goal.
Emergency Testing Platforms Using Research Technologies: Adapting Fluidigm’s Microfluidic GE Platform for a Test for SARS-CoV-2
- Publication: Down-regulated gene expression spectrum and immune responses changed during the disease progression in COVID-19 patients | Ouyang, Y. Yin, J., Wang, W. et al. Clinical Infectious Disease (2020): ciaa462
In this article, the authors describe the use of Biomark™ HD in a study focusing on severe COVID-19 infections. The study found decreased T cell populations along with down-regulated gene expression related to T cell activation and differentiation, “which may help to provide effective treatment strategies for COVID-19.”
Review the latest press releases about viral detection and infectious disease research by Fluidigm and our customers and partners below:
- GnomeDX Files for FDA Emergency Use Authorization for Rapid Turnaround Real-Time RT-PCR COVID-19 Test Utilizing the Fluidigm Biomark HD Platform
- Integrated Genetics Lab Services Conducting COVID-19 Testing in Spain Utilizing Fluidigm Biomark HD Platform
- OU Medicine, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center and Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation File for FDA Emergency Use Authorization for COVID-19 Detection Test Utilizing Fluidigm Technology
Efficient—Maximize your budget with microfluidics technology by using up to 50 times less reagent than traditional PCR methods.
Scalable—Run nearly 6,000 samples in a 24-hour workflow on each Biomark HD and Juno™ system.
Flexible—Detect up to 24 unique pathogens per sample, such as SARS-CoV-2, influenza A and other respiratory disease pathogens.